During the summer, plenty of us head out on a fun road trip. However, nothing can ruin a good trip faster than a flat tire! Flat tires are an unfortunate, yet common problem that many drivers face. With that said, a flat tire is not an impossible problem to solve. In fact, fixing a flat tire is simple if you follow these 12 steps that will help you change a tire.
- Find an area off the road where you can safely pull over and park.
- Activate your vehicle’s hazard lights.
- Loosen the lug nuts of your tires with a wrench. However, do no remove them just yet!
- Using a jack, lift your vehicle approximately 6 inches off of the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Next, remove the tire itself.
- Locate your vehicle’s spare tire.
- Place the spare tire in the same spot the flat tire once resided in.
- Place the lug nuts back in place, but do not tighten them yet!
- Lower your vehicle back to the ground using the jack.
- Tighten the lug nuts in place.
- Place the flat tire in the trunk of your vehicle.
With any luck, you should be back on the road in no time flat! For more serious issues, come see us at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City!
We can’t wait for the 2017 Ford GT
One of the most anticipated vehicles set to be released later this year is the 2017 Ford GT. This supercar first debuted at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and we have been excited for it ever since! The following are just 4 reasons to get excited for the 2017 Ford GT!
It’s Incredible Horsepower
When it comes to creating performance vehicles, no one does it better than Ford. That’s why Ford has installed a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine into the 2017 Ford GT. This will help the vehicle produce more than 600 horsepower!
The back spoiler attached to the Ford GT supercar is not just there for looks. The spoiler also helps the Ford GT capture any needed drag with an air-brake function!
A Chassis Designed with Performance in Mind
The body Chassis of the 2017 Ford GT is created using carbon fiber and aluminum frames. This design helps the Ford GT achieve one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any vehicle on the road today!
Suspension for Any Kind of Driving
Perhaps the most exciting feature of the Ford GT, and the one that makes it a true supercar, is its active suspension, which lowers the vehicle at higher speeds for more stability and handling.
Here at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City, we are literally counting down the days until the 2017 Ford GT arrives at our dealership, and we are sure that are customers are doing the same!
While we all patiently wait for the debut of the 2017 Ford GT, Check out the new 2017 vehicles we currently have on location!