Is your vehicle ready for summer? The summer months bring with them high temperatures, erratic weather, and new road hazards. Prepare yourself with these summer driving tips:
- Be sure to conduct the appropriate summer car maintenance, according to your owner’s manual.
- Pay more attention to your tires than you usually would, as fluctuations in temperature can really affect tire pressure.
- Keep your eyes peeled for pedestrians and wild animals, which are more likely to cross the road during the summer than during any other time of year.
- Double check that you have enough coolant and enough windshield wiper fluid for the season, so that you can be sure you will be able to keep cool and keep your visibility clear.
- Lastly, consider keeping a stock of both fresh water and sunscreen in your vehicle so that it is available to you at all times. You never know when you’ll need it!
For more seasonal driving tips – or to simply spend the summer behind the wheel of an exciting brand new car – contact us or visit us anytime at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City.
When choosing your next car, keep a hybrid in mind. The benefits of driving a hybrid are many, and go beyond simply saving money.
Here are just a few perks of owning a hybrid:
- First and foremost, you will save a ton of money that you would have otherwise wasted on gasoline.
- As if that wasn’t enough, the federal government offers numerous tax incentives, saving you even more money. Additionally, your state may be one of the many states that offer additional tax incentives.
- Also, hybrid cars are much better for the environment, producing less harmful emissions.
- Hybrid cars almost never idle their engines, with a battery pack taking over whenever the cars stop, further increasing fuel efficiency and limiting wasteful emissions.
- Ever wish you could drive in the high-occupancy lane? Well, in many areas, hybrid vehicles are welcome in those lanes, regardless of the number of passengers they are carrying.
- Lastly, hybrid cars have a high resale value, so your money will not have gone to waste!
If you would like to learn more about hybrid cars or take one out on a test drive, contact us or visit us anytime at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City!