Christmas may have come and gone, but it’s never too late to treat yourself to something new that will kick your driving experience up a notch. Here are some of our favorite new car gadgets that driving enthusiasts will love.
Bestek Jump Starter
One down side of traditional jumper cables is that if there are no other cars around, you’re out of luck. The Bestek Jump Starter is a great new device that solves this dilemma. This convenient gadget plugs right into your car’s 12V outlets so you can get back on the road even if there is no one else in sight.
Garmin Dash Cam 55
A dash cam is the best way to record all of your favorite scenic drives, and the Garmin Dash Cam 55 does just this in incredibly clear 1440p video at 30 frames per second. You can even use this dash cam to easily make cinematic time-lapse videos of your adventures.
Handpresso Coffee Maker
Especially if you’re often in a rush in the morning, you should definitely check out the Handpresso Coffee Maker. This little machine plugs into your car’s 12V outlets and fits conveniently in your cup holder so you can always count on your coffee being as fresh as possible for your morning commute.
If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect car for all of these cool gadgets, stop by Courtesy Ford of Sauk City to browse our lot’s inventory.
Sure, traditional car radios are great, but finding great smartphone apps can really take your driving experience to the next level. So, if talk radio isn’t doing it for you any longer, check out these great driving apps that everyone is sure to love.
While Google Assistant isn’t solely for driving, it is an extremely useful app that makes access your smartphone much easier while behind the wheel. With intelligent voice recognition technology, Google Assistant can change the music, respond to texts, search for directions, and a whole lot more. The best part: it’s completely free to use.
There are a lot of great navigation apps out there. HERE WeGo is a little different than the rest, as it allows you to download maps and continue to use them even when you’re phone is offline. This lets you stay on track without burning through your cellular data allotment for the month.
If you’re still popping CDs into your car’s stereo, check out Spotify to discover how easy it is to have unlimited access to almost all the music you could ever want. Spotify is a great music streaming app that can be used for free, though it’s full range of features costs $9.99 per month.
A lot of newer vehicles come with features ready to incorporate these apps into your vehicle’s infotainment system. Check out some of the newest models equipped with this tech at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City.
If you’re looking for new ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, you’re in luck. We’ve compiled a list of unusual ideas for Valentine’s Day that will help inspire interesting date nights all year long.
Take a Class
Learning together is a great way to bond with your significant other. Check to see what types of classes are available in your community. You could find anything from swing dancing classes to painting classes to a class on gardening.
Instead of focusing on how you can serve each other, put the focus on helping others. Volunteering together is a meaningful thing to do, and a special way to spend time together.
Rather than going out for dinner amongst the crowds, why not celebrate Valentine’s Day within the comfort of your own home? It can be tons of fun to cook a meal together, and with a bottle of champagne and some candles, you can turn the kitchen into its own romantic setting.
Take a trip with your significant other to a local winery. Not only will you be supporting local businesses, but you might just find a new favorite wine.
From all of us at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City, we hope you have a happy Valentine’s Day!
When you live in a state like Wisconsin, you grow used to dealing with winter weather. You learn to drive in the snow and bundle up on the coldest days. But even if you, like the team at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City, are well adapted to navigating in snow and ice, you might still struggle with managing the natural lethargy that comes with the season.
If you’re going through that experience, you can beat winter blues with these effective tools.
Get Light Where You Can
While we’re tempted to stay indoors all winter, our bodies crave the sunlight. If it’s warm enough to take a brief walk outside when it’s sunny, that’s a quick way to boost your mood. If the cold weather just won’t budge, try sitting by a window or using an artificial light from a light box to brighten your spirits.
It’s no mystery that exercise can help improve moods and increase energy. Just getting 30 minutes of movement a few days a week could make a big difference.
Plan a Vacation
Simply planning and thinking about a vacation in the warmer season can help you feel happier during the cold winter days. Get out a map and start planning your next warm, sunny vacation.
Listen to Music
You know what they say—dance like nobody’s watching. Turning on some upbeat music and letting yourself enjoy it in whatever way feels good to you is a great way to warm your heart this winter.
The cold weather doesn’t have to bring you down. Use some of these tips from Courtesy Ford of Sauk City to help brighten your spirits this winter season.
From oxygen sensors to the mass air flow sensor. You can improve your car’s fuel efficiency with these quick fixes!
One of the best ways to improve fuel efficiency is to get a new car. New cars come with the latest technologies, which often means they’re more efficient. But for those who don’t want to buy a new car simply to improve their gas mileage, there are multiple car parts you can replace to improve your engine’s efficiency.
According to Bankrate, improving fuel efficiency is simple as long as you know which parts to improve. One of the simplest parts to replace is your mass air flow sensor. This sensor regulates the flow of fuel, the ignition system, and even shifting. On older cars, the sensor can be inaccurate due to wear and tear; therefore, by replacing it, you can get better gas mileage.
Oxygen sensors (also called “O2 sensors”) are another way to improve fuel economy. These sensors keep track of exhaust before and after it hits your catalytic converter, which adjusts fuel injection levels. Therefore, when the O2 sensor starts to fail, you’ll lose gas mileage.
Spark plugs are important to replace if you’re looking to improve fuel economy. Spark plugs create little sparks to ignite the air-fuel mixture in your engine, therefore causing combustion. Because spark plugs are located near small explosions, carbon builds up on them over time.
These are just some of the things you can do to improve fuel economy. Not sure if you know how to replace the mass air flow sensor, oxygen sensor, or spark plugs? Visit Courtesy Ford of Sauk City for a technician to work on your car.
The Performance Pack Level 2 will be offered on the 2018 Mustang GT.
The Ford Mustang is America’s favorite pony car, providing performance and styling at an affordable price for years. Recently, Ford introduced the Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2 to improve performance and design for drivers everywhere. If you’re looking for optimal power and bold styling, the new Performance Pack may be right for you.
According to Ford, the Performance Pack Level 2 will be offered on the 2018 Mustang GT. This package includes things like a low and aggressive stance, improved aerodynamics, a front splitter, rear spoiler, and a specially designed suspension. The MagneRide® suspension is made to be ultra-responsive, even at high speeds, providing improved performance on the track as well as the road.
“A passion to create something special is what really drove this project,” said Tom Barnes, Mustang vehicle engineering manager. “And that really showed in the off-the-clock way we went about doing our work.”
The new Performance Pack also has a new manual transmission for a better response, as well as a more thrilling experience behind the wheel. The Performance Pack Level 2 also has the same features as the Level 1, including a tuned chassis, Brembo™ brakes, and a TORSEN® rear differential, among other things. Stop by Courtesy Ford of Sauk City to learn more about the 2018 Ford Mustang.
Following a string of natural disasters that started with Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and continued with Hurricane Maria and two earthquakes in Mexico, the Ford Motor Company Fund has decided to give back in a number of ways.
- The Ford Fund is matching contributions to the American Red Cross up to $300,000 for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma—and now Maria.
- The Ford Fund is contributing $200,000 to the United Way in Mexico, as well as matching employee donations to the Mexico Earthquake Relief Fund up to $50,000.
- In addition, the Ford Mexico & Dealers Civic Committee is donating $200,000 to United Way Mexico and for rebuilding Ford Schools.
- Finally, the Ford Fund is donating $100,000 in relief to Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria. The Ford region is adding another $100,000 onto that amount.
In the wake of all these natural disasters, Ford Fund, employee, and dealership donations are quickly reaching $1 million.
There are several ways you can get involved and donate to provide relief as well. Two verified places to donate include the Mexico Earthquake Relief Fund and the Red Cross. To get Ford to match your contributions, donate to the Mexico Earthquake Relief fund here and the Red Cross here.
We at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City send our thoughts to those rebuilding after these disasters.
The 2018 Ford Escape is available now at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City—and there’s a whole lot to love about the new SUV. But what are some of our favorite features? We asked the staff here and compiled their favorite things to love about the 2018 Ford Escape.
- Cargo Capacity: Gets up to 68 cubic feet of cargo space when you fold down both rear seat backs.
- Intelligent 4WD: Relies on a system that monitors road conditions and your traction every 16 milliseconds and then transfers torque where it’s needed most.
- SE Sport Appearance Package: This special package for the new Escape sits the SUV on 19-inch Ebony Black premium-panted aluminum wheels and adds features such as unique black front fender grilles, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, halogen projector headlamps with black bezels and signature lighting, and sporty V-shaped partial leather-trimmed seats.
- SYNC® 3: You can stay connected with the infotainment system to rule them all—complete with Wi-Fi® hotspot connectivity. Enjoy features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility and available navigation.
Want to learn more about the new 2018 Ford Escape with ample cargo room, 4WD, a sporty appearance package, and its innovative infotainment technology? Visit Courtesy Ford of Sauk City today.
At the end of August, Hurricane Harvey devastated the Gulf Coast, especially in the Houston area. Then, it hung around for days, dumping an unbelievable amount of additional rain and causing severe flooding. In the aftermath of this disaster, the country is coming together to help.
Ford’s hurricane relief is coming in multiple ways. Ford and its dealers are committed to raising more than $3.5 million to help rebuild the affected communities and help families get their lives back. Here are some of the ways Ford is giving back:
- The Ford Motor Company Fund is contributing $500,000 to various support groups in the area including the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Team Rubicon, Catholic Charities, Toolbank, and by purchasing four Chariot Transit Vans to aid relief efforts.
- Ford dealers in the Texas area have already donated $200,000 through the Cowboys-Texas telethon and are committed to raising even more to help dealership employees and other groups.
- Ford has announced a unique “Texas Is Family” package that allows families who lost a vehicle to get the transportation they need. This package includes below-invoice Ford employee pricing with no payments until 2018. Low Ford Credit APR and lease rates, and a simple application process online.
Here at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City, we hope to see everyone affected by Hurricane Harvey get their lives back to normal as soon as possible. If you want to help, consider making a donation to the Red Cross, or other charity organization.
You have probably already noticed the slight color changes in the leaves and the crisp feel in the air as you head off to work. These are all signs that fall is right around the corner. Fall in Sauk City means beautiful colors, cool days, and lots of fun. Here are some great fall events to add to your calendar.
- Fall Festival at Durward’s Glen. On Oct. 14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can peruse the booths of local art vendors, enjoy local food, and even get a tractor tour of the historic grounds. This event is free to the public; however, donations are welcome.
- Crafts & Drafts. If painting a picture and drinking wine isn’t your thing, perhaps drinking beer and making a hearty project is more your taste. On Sept. 22, the River Arts Center will host its monthly night of fun. Here, you can create your own rustic wood sign to hang in your home.
- Waggin’ Wine Tour. For those who love a good glass of wine, plan on taking the Waggin’ Wine Tasting Tour to benefit the OccuPaws Guide Dogs. The tour takes place Sept. 24 and starts at 11:30 a.m. at the Sauk City Park & Ride. All transportation will be provided. There will also be appetizers, doors prizes, and more.
Which of these fall events are you most excited about? If you need a new ride for the upcoming cold weather, come visit us here at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City.