During the summer, plenty of us head out on a fun road trip. However, nothing can ruin a good trip faster than a flat tire! Flat tires are an unfortunate, yet common problem that many drivers face. With that said, a flat tire is not an impossible problem to solve. In fact, fixing a flat tire is simple if you follow these 12 steps that will help you change a tire.
- Find an area off the road where you can safely pull over and park.
- Activate your vehicle’s hazard lights.
- Loosen the lug nuts of your tires with a wrench. However, do no remove them just yet!
- Using a jack, lift your vehicle approximately 6 inches off of the ground.
- Remove the lug nuts.
- Next, remove the tire itself.
- Locate your vehicle’s spare tire.
- Place the spare tire in the same spot the flat tire once resided in.
- Place the lug nuts back in place, but do not tighten them yet!
- Lower your vehicle back to the ground using the jack.
- Tighten the lug nuts in place.
- Place the flat tire in the trunk of your vehicle.
With any luck, you should be back on the road in no time flat! For more serious issues, come see us at Courtesy Ford of Sauk City!